QA TESTER (MID-LEVEL)
About Baobab Web Services (BWS)
Founded in August 2016 BWS is headquartered in Durbanville, Cape Town. Since inception BWS has been steadily growing, in staff complement, the number of customers and the products offered. BWS offers customers with a one-stop, ever-expanding and all-encompassing set of tools to empower small and medium business to be successful with their online presence and communication needs. BWS wants to remove the complexity of doing business online and have customers focus on their core business.
Currently, the company has five core focus areas:
- Bespoke platform development and consulting services.
- Cloud-based web hosting/server management (shared and custom server solutions).
- SMS platform.
- Email platform.
- Content delivery network (CDN).
At BWS, we are a team of technologists, passionate about earning the trust of our customers.
About the role
BWS is looking for a full time, mid-level, QA Tester to join the team at their office in Durbanville. This role is primarily a manual Quality Assurance role, with the potential to automated test cases. There is ample opportunity to get involved with the other product lines as well (i.e. hosting/server environments). The successful candidate will work with some exciting and well-known brands and have ample growth opportunities.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Cross platform testing of large in- and external Website Applications and Mobile Apps (iOS, Android).
- Work with Developers and Project Managers to deliver quality projects on time and within scope.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Develop debugging abilities within development team.
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software.
- Work towards creating automated Selenium scripts wherever possible for test cases.
- Accurately report the defects and collect the defect artefacts.
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing.
- Experience using project management tools like JIRA is advantageous.
- Ability to communicate well with both technical and non-technical staff.
Skills not required, but beneficial
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools.
- Be proficient in high-level language, preferably Java.
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus.
- Solid knowledge of SQL and/or scripting is a plus.
Experience and Education
- 2+ years of software testing experience.
- BSc or BTech majoring in Computer Science is a plus.
- ISTQB Certification is a plus.
- Customer-first perceptive.
- Thinking at scale approach to challenges.
- A self-starter and should be self-driven.
- Must exhibit a passion for Technology.
- An excellent communicator that shares knowledge freely.
- A positive outlook on life.
If you want to join BWS on their exciting journey, send your CV to Recruitment@BWSCloud.tech. We look forward to hearing from you.