Acceptable Use Policy
General / Changes to our acceptable use policy
Baobab Web Services reserves the right to amend this acceptable use policy at any time. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes made, as they are legally binding on you and form part of your contract with Baobab Web Services. Baobab Web Services reserves the right to immediately, and without notice, take down or disable any hosting account that is in violation of this policy. Baobab Web Services' failure to enforce this policy, for whatever reason, shall not be construed as a waiver of Baobab Web Services' right to do so.
Prohibited Content And Activities
You agree to utilise Baobab Web Services' Hosting Platform and Services may only be used for lawful purposes. You may not use our site or services in any way that:
- Breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- Is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- Promotes violence
- Promotes sexually explicit material
- Promotes any illegal activity
- Discrimination based on, but not limited to, race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age
- Infringes any copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property right of any other person
- Is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory
- Causes service interruptions to either Baobab Web Services network/servers or any outside network. This includes, but is not limited to, the execution of Denial of Service attacks or other maliciously configured software.
- Collect or use email addresses, screen names or other personal identifiers without the consent of the person identified (including, without limitation, phishing, Internet scamming, password robbery, spidering, and harvesting)
- Impersonate another person or entity, be it through Email, Internet Forums, or any other means. This includes spoofing email or network packet headers whether or not it is done for malicious purposes.
- Promotes or discusses hacking activities or tools
- Results in an IP address allocated to Baobab Web Services being blacklisted
- Transmit any data that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware;
- Sends or transmits unsolicited communication (spam) of any form by any means (including, but not limited to email, SMS, and instant messaging).
You also agree not to utilise any of the services/platforms/software listed below as these are not allowed on any service or platform provided by Baobab Web Services:
- IRC Bots/Bouncers
- BitTorrent software
- Network Daemons
- Proxies (anonymous or otherwise)
- Any abusive script/process
- Mirroring services
Users may not execute/run any program or script by any means (including but not limited to cronjobs, scripts or interactive commands) that consumes more than:
- 128MB of memory space.
- 30 CPU seconds or 25% of any one CPU core.
- 10 simultaneous processes.
- Send out mail to more than 500 recipients/email addresses within one hour. The recipient count is any combination of the total number of recipients for all emails sent within the given period regardless of whether it was sent as 1 email with multiple recipients on individual emails.
To ensure optimum performance no hosting account is allowed more than 250 000 files.
Baobab Web Services' hosting platforms are not intended to be used for data backup or archiving purposes.
Complaints should be directed to email@example.com. Please ensure you provide as much detail as possible, including a timeline of events if applicable. The complaint will be reviewed by a manager who may contact you for additional information if required. We will do everything we can to try and resolve any issue raised.