PROJECT MANAGER - SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT (MID-LEVEL)
About Baobab Web Services (BWS)
Founded in August 2016 BWS is headquartered in Durbanville, Cape Town. Since inception BWS has been steadily growing, in staff complement, the number of customers and the products offered. BWS offers customers with a one-stop, ever-expanding and all-encompassing set of tools to empower small and medium business to be successful with their online presence and communication needs. BWS wants to remove the complexity of doing business online and have customers focus on their core business.
Currently, the company has five core focus areas:
- Bespoke platform development and consulting services.
- Cloud-based web hosting/server management (shared and custom server solutions).
- SMS platform.
- Email platform.
- Content delivery network (CDN).
At BWS, we are a team of technologists, passionate about earning the trust of our customers.
About the role
BWS is looking for a full time Software Project Manager to join the team at their office in Durbanville. There is ample opportunity to get involved with project management across the other product lines as well (i.e. hosting/server environments). The successful candidate will work with some exciting and well-known brands.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Assist with ensuring that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget, following the agreed project methodology.
- Monitor, track, and report on project performance against deliverables and escalating any anomalies.
- Track identified risks - Assist in developing a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Together with QA, drive continual improvement in the quality of the work delivered.
- Build, manage and maintain relationships with all clients and stakeholders; this includes liaising with the internal development, support, and implementation teams
- Proficiency in project management software tools, like Jira.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving ability as well as being a fast learner.
- A technical aptitude is essential – then candidate must have a desire and ability to understand the software solutions built by BWS.
- Action oriented, showing initiative.
- Good attention to detail and strong admin skills.
- The ability to communicate clearly internally and externally.
- Be adaptable - Flexible, open minded and a good fit to an agile start-up.
- Manage conflict resolution.
Experience and Education
- 2+ years of Project Management experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience.
- Project management qualification (PMP), Agile certification or equivalent experience.
- Customer-first perceptive.
- Thinking at scale approach to challenges.
- A self-starter and should be self-driven.
- Must exhibit a passion for Technology.
- An excellent communicator that shares knowledge freely.
- A positive outlook on life.
If you want to join BWS on their exciting journey, send your CV to Recruitment@BWSCloud.tech. We look forward to hearing from you.