About Baobab Web Services (BWS)
Founded in August 2016, BWS is headquartered in Durbanville, Cape Town. Since its inception, BWS has been steadily growing, in staff complement, the number of customers, and the products offered. BWS offers customers a one-stop, ever-expanding, all-encompassing set of tools to empower small and medium businesses to succeed with their online presence and communication needs. BWS wants to remove the complexity of doing business online and have customers focus on their core business.
Currently, the company has four core focus areas:
- Bespoke platform development and consulting services.
- Cloud-based web hosting/server management (shared and custom server solutions).
- Web Communication - SMS and Email.
- Content delivery network (CDN).
At BWS, we are a team of technologists, passionate about earning the trust of our customers.
About the role
BWS is looking for a full-time, Delivery Manager to join the team at their office in Durbanville. The Delivery Manager needs to be a technology leader focused on customer success, achieved by working with developers against project goals and deliverables. The successful candidate will work with some exciting and well-known brands.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Management of all activities within the SDLC, including:
- Size, forecast, plan, monitor, report and control aspects of the SDLC.
- Scheduling and prioritisation of tasks and resources.
- Coordinate: Design, Build, Test, Deliver, Fix across multiple teams (clients and development teams).
- Facilitate Scrum Activities – Daily standups, backlog grooming & refinement, retrospectives and demos.
- Active communication and stakeholder management.
- Ensure project milestones are met through active issue resolution, timeous escalations, and direct management of resources.
- Lead and manage project resources.
- Plan, monitor, and report on software delivery.
- Meet project goals and objectives within the overall scope, time frame, cost, quality, and standards.
- Capacity management - delegation of tasks, reviewing execution, and providing feedback to the team.
- Issue management – Taking ownership, driving resolution, escalation, preventing issues, and removing blockers and distractions.
- Prioritisation – Participating and enabling the business prioritisation process with stakeholders.
- Risk management - Managing the risks to the delivery timelines and appropriate escalations.
- Reporting - Project progress updates to management and project stakeholders.
- Mentor and guide the teams assigned to you when required.
- Build trust with clients by displaying management competence.
- Perform Project Management activities across multiple projects.
- Strong understanding of software development principles.
- Knowledge of Agile management tools, techniques, and systems.
- Excellent problem solving, leading service-related operational escalations.
- Excellent Communication, able to convey technical information to non-technical stakeholders at all levels of an organisation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with great attention to detail and impeccable time management skills.
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously, facilitating status meetings, and presenting to large groups.
- Demonstrating a high level of problem-solving and facilitation skills.
- Strong consulting experience and business acumen.
- Leadership skills required.
- Performance Focus.
- Strong teamwork skills.
Experience and Education
- 5+ years of experience in the IT Industry as a Delivery Manager/IT Project Manager.
- BCom Degree/Diploma in Information Technology, BTech (IT) or Computer Science, or equivalent. A Degree is a significant advantage.
- Highly proficient with MS Office and Jira (or other ticketing system).
- Customer-first perceptive.
- Thinking at scale approach to challenges.
- A self-starter and should be self-driven.
- Must exhibit a passion for Technology.
- An excellent communicator that shares knowledge freely.
- A positive outlook on life.
If you want to join BWS on their exciting journey, send your CV to Recruitment@BWSCloud.tech. We look forward to hearing from you.