SOFTWARE DEVELOPER - PYTHON, JAVA (MID-LEVEL)
About Baobab Web Services (BWS)
Founded in August 2016 BWS is headquartered in Durbanville, Cape Town. Since inception BWS has been steadily growing, in staff complement, the number of customers and the products offered. BWS offers customers with a one-stop, ever-expanding and all-encompassing set of tools to empower small and medium business to be successful with their online presence and communication needs. BWS wants to remove the complexity of doing business online and have customers focus on their core business.
Currently, the company has five core focus areas:
- Bespoke platform development and consulting services.
- Cloud-based web hosting/server management (shared and custom server solutions).
- SMS platform.
- Email platform.
- Content delivery network (CDN).
At BWS, we are a team of technologists, passionate about earning the trust of our customers.
About the role
BWS is looking for a mid-level, developer to join their team. Initially the role will be for a 4-month contract, with a realistic likelihood of being converted to a permanent appointment. The role is a development role with a strong focus on back-end development work and technologies. There is ample opportunity to get involved with the other product lines as well (i.e., hosting/server environments). The successful candidate will work with some exciting and well-known brands.
Key Responsibility Areas
- The building of back-end systems - with languages like Python, Java, C++, PHP and other related technologies, applications.
- Maintenance of core applications on our commercial platforms.
- Development work aligned to the BWS coding methodology.
- Support of applications and environment.
- Have significant experience developing applications (Python, Java, C++, PHP).
- Understanding of SQL databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Familiarity with Version Control Systems such as Git and Bitbucket.
- Experience with PHP frameworks, like Laravel, will be advantageous.
- Able to demonstrate an excellent understanding of Object-Oriented development methodologies.
- Have excellent communication and technical documentation skills.
- Familiar with Agile and Scrum methodologies and embracing their values and principles.
Skills/Experience not required, but beneficial
- Experience with AWS technologies will set the candidate up for success.
- Proficiency with Linux (i.e. Ubuntu, CentOS).
- Experience with NodeJS, React Native and React JS will be beneficial.
- Proficiency with Docker.
Experience and Education
- 2+ years of software development experience with PHP.
- Diploma in Information Technology, BTech (IT) or Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Degree a significant advantage.
- Customer-first perceptive.
- Thinking at scale approach to challenges.
- A self-starter and should be self-driven.
- Must exhibit a passion for Technology.
- An excellent communicator that shares knowledge freely.
- A positive outlook on life.
If you want to join BWS on their exciting journey, send your CV to Recruitment@BWSCloud.tech. We look forward to hearing from you.