SOFTWARE DEVELOPER - PHP (JUNIOR-LEVEL)
About Baobab Web Services (BWS)
Founded in August 2016, BWS is headquartered in Durbanville, Cape Town. Since its inception, BWS has been steadily growing, in staff complement, the number of customers, and the products offered. BWS offers customers a one-stop, ever-expanding, all-encompassing set of tools to empower small and medium businesses to succeed with their online presence and communication needs. BWS wants to remove the complexity of doing business online and have customers focus on their core business.
Currently, the company has four core focus areas:
- Bespoke platform development and consulting services.
- Cloud-based web hosting/server management (shared and custom server solutions).
- Web Communication - SMS and Email.
- Content delivery network (CDN).
At BWS, we are a team of technologists, passionate about earning the trust of our customers.
About the role
BWS is looking for a full time, junior, software developer to join the team at their office in Durbanville. The role is a development role with the right mix of front- and back-end development work. There is ample opportunity to get involved with the other product lines as well (i.e. hosting/server environments). The successful candidate will work with some exciting and well-known brands.
Key Responsibility Areas
- The building of PHP, and other related technologies, applications.
- Maintenance of core PHP-based applications on our commercial platforms.
- Development work aligned to the BWS coding methodology.
- Support of applications and environment.
- Understanding of SQL databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Familiarity with Version Control Systems such as Git.
- Experience with PHP frameworks, like Laravel, will be advantageous.
- Able to demonstrate an excellent understanding of Object-Oriented development methodologies.
- Have excellent communication and technical documentation skills.
- Familiar with Agile and Scrum methodologies and embracing their values and principles.
Skills/Experience not required, but beneficial
- Experience with AWS technologies will set the candidate up for success.
- Proficiency with Linux (i.e. Ubuntu, CentOS).
- Experience with Python, NodeJS, React Native will be beneficial.
Experience and Education
- 2+ years of software development experience with PHP.
- Diploma in Information Technology, BTech (IT) or Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Degree a significant advantage.
- Customer-first perceptive.
- Thinking at scale approach to challenges.
- A self-starter and should be self-driven.
- Must exhibit a passion for Technology.
- An excellent communicator that shares knowledge freely.
- A positive outlook on life.
If you want to join BWS on their exciting journey, send your CV to Recruitment@BWSCloud.tech. We look forward to hearing from you.